And when I say ugly… I really do mean ugly. Like, OMG, so ugly.
Mother’s day (for me) started Saturday… from here it’s all bullet points… but really dashes because I like them better:
– A friend, not wanting to spew Start Trek spoilers at me but wanting to be able to talk to me without her head exploding, offered to watch K so that Mike and I could see the new Trek movie.
– Mike, knowing that there was no way he’d be getting up early to make me breakfast in bed or deal with the small being that is the reason I get celebrated on Mother’s Day anyway, decided to take me out to a lovely dinner. We went to a place that’s a favorite of people in this neighborhood and had a fantastic meal and a pretty darn good martini.
– When we got home from dinner the three of us had a snugglefest and watched the “Mirror, Mirror” episode of classic Trek before drifting off to dreamland/ twitterness and show editing.
– K slept in until 8.
– I had to get up at 8 to get her something to eat and what not since Mike was up late editing and posting our podcast.
– I was really really hungry
– We went to brunch at Springwater Grill so I could get Eggs Benedict and see Ron the best most wonderful bartender in the whole world (he’s also a terribly nice person)
– It took 6 years for our food to arrive
– But I had a Gin Zing and that kind of made me not care so much
– K’s eggs were a little over cooked
– Mine were perfect
– Mike had a sandwich so his eggs, which did not exist, were fine
– We stopped at a cute little boutique on our way home and did some shopping. Found, I think, I perfect gift.
– When we were a little more than a block from home a bird shat on Mike.
– IN HIS EAR THE BIRD SHIT IN HIS EAR!!!
– A moment later we realized that the bird didn’t hit just Mike.
– A bird shit on my kid’s eye ON HER EYE!!!!
– We sprinted home the last block.
– No bird shit on me.
– K dissolved into tears over the bird shit atrocity and we had to scrub her face in the bath 17,000 times.
– Luckily Mike was able to shower and wash his ear out on his own.
– We had to alter our glorious walking around plans because we realized it was 3 PM
– So we took the car over to the Columbia outlet to look for a fleece for me.
– They only had very large fleeces that totally didn’t fit
– I got NEW SHOES
– It’s the first time I’ve purchased shoes based on utility and comfort in many many years.
– They are ugly.
– They’re probably the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned.
– Really ugly.
– But not nearly as ugly as a bird shitting on my family.