It’s suddenly become very clear to me that I am not actually a 32 year old woman. All the signs pointed to it but I just didn’t pick up on them until this very morning when I woke up late in a deep haze and stared through the back of my fingernails trying to figure out what color my nail polish was with light shining through it.
– I giggle when people make jokes about doing it
– I love and wear tights and leggings. I like fancy socks
– Lip gloss, don’t leave home without it
– I wear the shoes that will look “best” with the outfit. No I don’t care if they’re comfortable. Yes they happen to be the same pair of shoes everyday… those boots just happen to look best with EVERY OUTFIT
– I pass notes to my friends and giggle
– Fine the notes are actually in the form of direct messages on twitter but still… whatever.
– I pouted because the “Sugar Skull” nightgown I got for K was not made in my size
– I hate doing my chores
– I don’t know WHAT I want to be when I grow up
– I just bought a new bottle of black nail polish and it’s the best thing ever!
Really the only difference is that when school starts on Tuesday I’m going to be doing a little dance of joy, but then I’m going to take a nap which is totally something I would have done at 14.
Now where’s my poetry journal? I need to go write about this cute boy I know. And death. And rain of course.
6 thoughts on “because I’m a 14 year old girl”
I just found my bottle of black nail polish that I bought a couple of weeks ago!
Not fair about the skull nightgown. My kid and your kid are soo on the same wavelength, with the skull thing, which really shouldn’t surprise me at all.
Tuesday? I got some stuff to do… for K… hoping I get it done in time…
I had the very same moment between me (34) and my friend (36) when we found each other geeking out over Star Trek and D&D very early this morning, lol.
-Dave: If I had included my love of Trek then I would have had to face the possibility that I’m a 14 year old boy…
-Sybil: now you’ve got me all curious.
I think that’s one of the best things about growing up … still getting to tap into my inner 14-year-old when the moment suits me. I can have dessert for dinner, all night giggle-fests with friends, whatever.
Then I am a 14 year old girl too!!!
I’m right there with you – I laugh when someone farts & pout endlessly when I have to do the laundry. I’m glad I don’t have a yard or I would be flinging the weeds and dog poop into my neighbors yard like I did when I was a kid…oh yeah, and I still get excited when I see a Diary Queen.