funny things.

You never know what’s going to set them off.

I realized a couple of days ago that K’s school is starting in 2 1/2 weeks. That’s plenty of time to do nothing and mess around, but to get all her back to school shopping done, buy school supplies, get her back on her sleeping schedule and emotionally prepare for the battle that is the first week of school?

2 1/2 weeks isn’t nearly long enough.

I’ve gotten one of those important things done. School supplies have been acquired, even a new back pack and lunch box…

I have to tell you that when we got home from school supply shopping I audibly sighed with relief. I felt so much better that she had pencils, glue sticks, folders, scissors and all those other little bits that are so tiny but so important to everyday school life. I didn’t even realize how stressed out I was until I felt that little bit of release.

Next up? Back to school clothes and shoes… I wonder if missburrows knows I’m forcing her to engage in back to school clothes shopping twice in the next 2 weeks… Probably best just to spring it on her while we’re already shopping?

Now, getting her back on her bedtime schedule? That’s the biggest joke ever. I started getting her back on her bedtime schedule 2 weeks ago and I’m lucky if she falls asleep before 10:30 and I’ve been getting her to bed by 8.

Last but not least getting her (and me) emotionally prepared for back to school?


That is all.

8 thoughts on “anxiety

  1. Bubblewench says:

    Oh back to school fun! Sounds like a joy… I know how much K hates going to bed too… But I am sure missburrows will be a great back to school shopper… even if you spring it on her at the last minute.

  2. holly says:

    my mom was so into fashion that it was a nightmare to go school shopping with her. she had wonderful THIRTY year old fashion. i looked like a moron.i’m sure you will do wonderfully. :)

  3. CamiKaos says:

    BW: Bedtime is hell on earth. except for the cuddling book reading partlilacspecs: Same for her… not so much for me. I tended to compartmentalize. I enjoyed the shopping then freaked about school later.missburrows: I’m hoping missburrows won’t notice K looking at jeans and such because she’ll be too busy staring at my cleavage.lori: she’s always happy to be back, but at the same time she HATES growing up any at all so she gets really upset that time has progressed. Plus? Her favorite jeans are now too small.Holly: I let her pick out 85% of her own clothes, the other 15% is my practical reminder that she is not a 16 year old whore because so many of the clothes made for 6 year olds today are things a whore would wear.

  4. Jo Beaufoix says:

    Ahh we have this soon too. I can’t believe the six weeks holiday is nearly over. I feel better this time as E is back in the same class as her best friends. They were split up last year and the first 6 months were pretty tough on her, especially as she was mixed in with so many older ones, the maturity difference seemed huge for a little while.I need to do new bags and new shoes for my two. I had them measured at the beginning of the holiday and neither had grown but E definitely needs new ones whatever.And the sleep thing, M is ok as she still goes up at 7m but E is doing 9.30 and sleeping till 10am so I need to get her back to her 8.05 school night time.You’ll be fine babe,but I feel you pain. I’m hoping there’ll be no more tears at nursery but I’m pretty sure there will be. :(And I ended my last comment with ‘that is all’ but I read this after, just in case you thought I’d gone stalker mad.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.