sadness

I don’t often tackle the really big issues here, at the heart of this blog when you set aside all the snark there is often the very light heart of a woman who has learned to love the world in her own very strange way.

Events happen, tragedies unfold, politicians are stupid. I rarely comment unless said political stupidity can be tied to Star Trek and then really how serious can it be?

But today, today I do have to say something.

Without giving too much away my parents (daddy and nana Kaos) live near Omaha. They’ve been known to go to the mall where the shooting occurred. Luckily for me I don’t watch the news and I have been too busy to read the news on line today so I had no idea it was happening until I got a phone call from my mother.

She was calling to tell me she was home.

She was calling to tell me they were safe.

She was calling to let me know they were no where near the Westroads Mall.

I had no idea what she as talking about, but sadly, she enlightened me.

I went into a retroactive state of panic. Of disgust. I got off the phone and tended to K and then I sat down and cried.

If someone is so inclined to commit such heinous acts and then turn the gun on them self, well, I just wish they would start with them self instead.

My heart, my thoughts and even my prayers, which are few and far between, go out to all of the victims and their families.

13 thoughts on “sadness

1. Lisa Milton says:

So glad they are ok; how scary. {And sad and stupid and random.}Hope you are feeling a little less rattled.

2. bellevelma says:

Oh Cami, I’m glad they are safe and okay. Now I’ve got to check the news to see what happened. I haven’t been near a TV or a computer all day until just now.

3. mielikki says:

I heard earlier, and immediately thought of your parents. I am so glad they were not there and that they are ok. It is senseless devistation, and I am also very very sad about it.

4. Joeprah says:

Just another reason to shop online…what a crazy freakin’ world. Glad your family wasn’t in the line of fire. Cool site and thanks for stopping by mine! Holla!

5. Bubblewench says:

Amen. And people wonder why I hate the mall. Scary out there ain’t it? Sad horrible thing. Many prayers to them and their families. Really glad PK&NK are alright.

6. Gunfighter says:

I didn’t hear about this until this morning, either, Cami.Glad the folks are well.Take care of yourself.GF

7. Jo Beaufoix says:

Oh my gosh. That is just so, so awful and sad. I’m so glad your family is so safe. What a terrible thing to happen. Those poor people.