how to eat your food

Every morning seems like an instructional video on how to eat your food in my house.

Every. Morning.

Pick that up. Put it in your mouth. No. Just sit there. Chew it. You have to swallow. Now put in another bite. WHY? Because you have to.

No, eat that too. You like that. Eat it. Chew and swallow.

Why? Because we have to leave for school in 10 minutes that’s why.

I would have thought that by the age of 5 my child would have retained the mastery of how to eat, but apparently in the morning all that goes out the window.

My child… not a morning person.

(psst. neither am I)

20 thoughts on “how to eat your food

1. Lori- Fairytales & Margaritas says:

Pop tarts are a mom’s best friend. They can take them to the bus with them (or on the walk to school). We go through this every morning too!

2. Travis Erwin says:

Count me among the morning Zombies. My youngest is just like you described but my oldest wakes up everyday at the ass crack of dawn all chipper and ready to tackle the world.Trust me that is worse.

3. mielikki says:

I very seldom want to eat in the morning. I just can’t face it. But, since she is burning up energy, going to school and all that, it is important. Poor K. Maybe, someday, she will surrender to the inevitable.

4. Bubblewench says:

She STILL does that? Stinks. I hate the morning too. I can’t eat first thing in the am either. Poor K, can’t figure out how to eat! hee..hee…

5. Daveman says:

I love the mornings – after I sleep past it. Im feeling a little better today.., just keep the sharp crayolas away and I’ll be fine :)

6. Lindy says:

that sucks. Maybe it’ll get bett… aaah nevermind even I don’t believe that. Maybe a smoothie packed w/ good stuff and some protien powder? No? hmmm I dunno then- do they do night school for 5 y/o??

7. CamiKaos says:

Syb: It’s really something to look forward to.bellevelma: nope. you’d think I was trying to poison her it’s so hard sometimesflutter: Come on over, but don’t talk to me til after 10lindy: they don’t. could that be considered some form of night owl discrimination?landismom: Why not… but first do I have to make it?daveman: all of our are dull so I think you’ll be okay.Mie, BW: She is worse now than she used to beTravis: Oh I believe you… and am suddenly thrilled with my morning grump when confronted with the thought of a morning mary sunshine.angel: I will post it tomorrowLori: I tried letting her have a pop tart once… no one will believe this but she doesn’t like them.Jo: Hooo HoooLisa: yes, they really can be.40: I kind of envy that right now.

8. 123Valerie says:

Oh, darlin. You have my deepest sympathies. I don’t want to deal with no one nor nothin’ in the a.m.Especially kidders who don’t wan to eat they breakfast. High-fives and hugs, mamacita.

9. Shannon says:

Same thing here, one of mine is more than happy to chew all the flavor out, but after that, what’s the point? I also am not a morning person.

10. holly says:

does 1 am count as being a morning person? cuz i’m a 1am’er now, thank you blogosphere. and, bad news. it gets worse at 8. they suddenly don’t know how to put their clothes on.

11. CamiKaos says:

holly: I can see that. She’ll be 6 in a few months and sometime after learning to put on her socks at 2 and her tights on at 4 she has forgotten how to do both of those. And if 1 am counted as a morning person I’d be there with you.troy: Yes, plus I bet wonderdog is crazy in the morning too ;)shannon: I’m sorry dear what did you say, it’s 7am… I am not awake yet.123valeries: I think after I drop the kid off at school I am going to nap… I will take that high five when I wake up though :)