With Thanksgiving a fading dot on the rear view mirror of the 2007 holiday season I feel like it’s time to get down to business.
And the first order of Holiday business is going to be the 2007 Kaos Holiday Lyric Contest.
Mr. Kaos suggested this little contest and boy am I ever excited!
So without further ado let’s get started…
Have a listen to this lovely little diddy Mr. Kaos composed and then review the rules… I’ll wait… have a listen…
You may have noticed that the music was a little sparse. We’re only giving you the bare bones melody so the rest of the music will be a surprise upon the song’s big reveal (hint: think polka!).
If you need to download a copy to listen to obsessively until it’s running through your veins like a holiday drug go here.
And now for the rules:
1. Each entry requires a title, a chorus, and a minimum of 2 verses (though we encourage more!).
2. Entries must be received by end of day Friday November 30, 2007.
3. By entering your lyrics you give consent for us to record perform and present your lyrics with this song in any way we see fit, though you will always be credited.
4. The winners (there will be 1 in each category) will each receive a $25 gift certificate to either amazon.com or itunes.
5. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges.
And now you need to write!
Songs must be submitted in one of two categories: Naughty or Nice. If it isn’t Nice, and by Nice I mean child and family friendly then it’s Naughty… If it’s going to be Naughty… make it NAUGHTY. You may submit one song for each category.
Lyrics do not have to contain Christmas content they can be about what ever holiday you celebrate, but it must be a winter holiday or about the winter season.
When you have your lyrics ready please email them to me at: mommifiedme at gmail dot com with the subject line: Holiday Lyric Contest.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges and when all songs have been read, re-read and drunkenly sung at high volume our winners will be chosen.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel free to comment here or send me an email…
Now go on, get started… this song isn’t going to write its self.