going postal

I had two packages to mail today.

You know I really love you if I send you a package.

I love you even more if I send one during the holidays.

Did I mention how much I HATE mailing things. I am really not a fan of going to the post office.

Still, today I dropped K off at school with the help of my trusty assistant (hi mom) and then even though it was still 20 minutes until the post office opened we stood there.

In line.

Behind three people. With packages. And stuff.

By the time the door opened at 8:30 there were about 15 people in line behind me.

FIFTEEN.

Do you understand how many people that is waiting to get into the post office before 8:30 in the morning.

Nineteen.

But I got the packages mailed. Two of them.

And a couple of cards. Okay maybe three cards.

But I’m probably not sending you anything.

I hate going to the post office.

14 thoughts on “going postal

1. Lori- Fairytales & Margaritas says:

Yikes! I hope I won’t be facing that in half an hour when I go to mail the Wii I scored for a good friend.

2. Travis Erwin says:

I hate going to the post office as well, unfortunately I work there. By the way did you know today is the busiest day of the year as far as packages go?Yep, I’m a regular Cliff Claven of info.

3. mielikki says:

I did my postal duty (hee, I said duty) a few weeks ago. I try with all my might to avoid the P.O. this time of year. . .

4. Jamie says:

Just be glad that you weren’t in line behind me. I mailed 18 boxes of cookies today. And there was only one working terminal, so everybody had to wait for me to finish this humongous transaction. So see, it could have been worse.

5. holly says:

i can’t wait until absolutely everything can be done on-line. yes, *every* thing. then i will never leave the house again, unless it’s golf- or starbucks-related. *every* thing.

6. Bubblewench says:

i just hate the line at the PO, that’s why I send via brown. You should get that today actually according to the magic tracking

7. Jo Beaufoix says:

I hate the Post Office too. I spent half an hour in there today with Miss M. Oh, it was fun. And there is a little package for you in there young lady. You’d better enjoy it.

8. sybil law says:

Dude.You know me and my post office phobia.I haven’t made it yet and I have no CLUE when I might.Because I suck like that.But I loooves me some you!